Saturday, February 09, 2008

Mea Culpa

Roger Bourland's blog post about bad first impressions provides the nudge I needed to offer him an overdue public apology. Many years ago, when I first started in this gig and was laboring under a variety of misconceptions about how it should be undertaken, I made some regrettable remarks in print about his music; it's one of the handful of things I'm most ashamed of having written, and I trust I would never write something similar today. I'm sorry, Roger.

As he says, many of us neglect to update our first impressions, and I've always figured that if he thinks of me at all, it's with the assumption that I'm still the same old schmuck. Not so. I might still be a schmuck, but I'm not that schmuck.

3 Comments:

At 2/09/2008 11:28 PM, Blogger Lisa Hirsch said...

Heh to that last bit, because you're not a schmuck at all. For the rest, what a graceful apology.

I am curious how your conceptions of how to conduct the job have changed.

 
At 2/10/2008 10:12 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This post was clearly written not by a shmuck, but by a mensh.

 
At 2/11/2008 7:02 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

Many thanks for your kind post Joshua.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home