Saturday, March 17, 2007

Action Alert

If the political bloggers can do it, why not I? Bay Area folks: Tonight and tomorrow afternoon are your last chances to experience Paul Dresher and Rinde Eckert's astonishingly great opera Slow Fire, probably forever. They've brought it back for a 20-year anniversary revival, after which it almost certainly goes into mothballs for the duration.

I caught up with it last night, and it's as potent and funny and ridiculously beautiful as ever. No time for a full review, though I concur with the leaping enthusiasm of the Chron's Little Man, serving as the faithful sock puppet of my colleague Rob Hurwitt. Don't dally; go.

1 Comments:

At 3/17/2007 7:57 PM, Blogger Lisa Hirsch said...

Aack, I plugged this for SFCV but could not persuade my partner to go tonight. Maybe I will catch it tomorrow. I am reasonably certain I saw its debut in the 80s.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home